These innovative approaches caught our eye when we recently mystery-shopped 16 credit unions:
- ATMs are wiped every 30 minutes; plastic partitions every 60 minutes.
- Recognition award given to a branch who made an outstanding effort to keep their branch safe.
- Disposable masks are available to members.
- Branch staff call elderly members, to see if they need help with online banking.
- Branch staff approach members using the ATM to show how the Interactive Teller Machine works.
- Biz size cards, “Call Our Resource Centre for Help with Digital Banking” displayed in front of tellers.
- Tellers wear buttons, “Ask me about digital banking, we’re here to help”.
- Contact centre consultants help members, through virtual appointments, to apply for loans, purchase investments and complete other transactions.
- Tips to help members adjust their budgets during COVID and to avoid COVID related scams.
- COVID FAQs are drilled down to 3 (“Our we offering any financial assistance at this time?”, “How can I access the relief offerings?”, “Are new members eligible for these offerings?”)