An overseas transport logistics company needed a preliminary assessment of the Canadian courier market.
To determine market size, they required volume and share data for industry leaders (i.e., FedEx, UPS, DHL, TNT, and Purolator).
They did not have access to published market volume and share data, so they asked us to reconstruct this information.
Working incrementally, we:
- Extrapolated US and Canadian trade data to create basic assumptions and preliminary estimates.
- Interviewed marketing and sales employees from FedEx, UPS, DHL and Purolator for their insights.
- Interviewed federal government trade officers (who had previously carried out research of the courier market) for their insights.
- Created customer segments, based on competitor waybills, to allocate market volume and share data.
- Identified specific customer segments for the client to target.
The client used our research to successfully target Canadian corporations requiring international services.